Junior Beef (August 5 -8, 2019)
- March 2 and 9, 2019: Junior Beef Performance Division Sites (All performance steers must be 840 ear tag/DNA identified prior to arrival at the Performance Weigh In Site).
- May 23, 2019: YQCA Certification Deadline
- May 23, 2019: Postmark for Junior Market Steer identification and Junior Show Commercial Heifer/Non-Registered Junior Show Beef Breeding Stock DNA Identification
- May 23, 2019 – 7 pm (Central Time): Online entries and Youth Center Reservations close at regular fees
- May 30, 2019 – 4 pm (Central Time): Late online entries with late fees close
Volunteer Adult Contact Information
New for 2019! Junior show exhibitors MUST declare a Volunteer Adult Contact at time of entry. Options include either A) Group or B) Individual. To read more about the options click here.
Volunteer Adult Contact Application
Junior Exhibitors can register for the Youth Center with online entries
(the Youth Center is listed under “Department”)!
- Upper Barns Stall Dimensions, Upper Barns Aisle Dimensions and Upper Barns End Aisle Dimensions
- Lower Barn Stall Dimensions and Lower Barn Aisle Dimensions
- Junior Beef Barn 841 Stalling (Available in late July)
- Junior Beef Barn 842 Stalling (Available in late July)
- Junior Beef Barn 843 Stalling (Available in late July)
- Junior Beef Lower Barn 822 Stalling (Available in late July)
- Junior Beef Release Order (Available in late July)
Questions regarding entering can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414.266.7000 (main line) or 414.266.7052 (Entry Office from April 15 – August 16) Fax Number (Prior to Fair): 414.266.7007
Our mailing address is:
Wisconsin State Fair
640 S 84th St
West Allis WI 53214
2019 DNA/RFID ANIMAL IDENTIFICATION
Beginning in 2019, all Wisconsin State Fair DNA identification requirements for Beef, Sheep and Swine (market and non-registered breeding stock) must be submitted by May 23rd to Wisconsin State Fair (DNA Hair) or to the Wisconsin Livestock Identification Consortium (DNA Tissue). To read more click here
Online sales of 840 ear tags or DNA hair kits from Wisconsin State Fair are now closed. Only walk up orders (paid with a credit card) will be accepted from May 20th – 23rd. Our office hours for walk up orders are Monday – Friday: 8 am to 4:30 pm in the Administrative Offices located in the basement of the Tommy G. Thompson Youth Center (640 S 84th St, West Allis WI 53214).
Wisconsin State Fair is pleased to announce continuation of the national certification program “Youth for the Quality Care of Animals” (YQCA). Completion of the program will be required for all youth who exhibit animal projects (Beef, Dairy, Goats, Poultry, Rabbits, Sheep and Swine) at the 2019 Wisconsin State Fair Junior Shows. For more information go to yqca.org
Exhibitors will be able to pay for the Youth Center fees with their online entries (the Youth Center is listed under “Department”).
Youth Center Rules and Regulations (All Youth staying in the Youth Center must read)
Youth Center Health Certificate (Youth) Junior Exhibitors can mail the Health Certificate with entries or upload with online entries. Any certificates not submitted with entries must faxed to 414.266.7057 (Attention Agriculture Department) by July 1st.
Animal Shows Age Requirements: Participation in the Wisconsin State Fair Junior animal shows (beef, sheep, swine, dairy, goats, poultry and rabbits) is open to any boy or girl 12-19 years of age as of January 1st of the current year. Youth must be an active/participating member in good standing of a bona fide, adult-supervised Wisconsin animal-based youth organization by March 1st of the current year.
For 2019 the following youth organizations are approved for exhibitors showing in Junior Beef shows:
Wisconsin Junior Angus Association
Wisconsin Junior Hereford Association
Junior exhibitors will submit all entry information and fees directly to State Fair online. Questions regarding entering the 2019 Wisconsin State Fair can be emailed to: email@example.com or call 414.266.7000.
OTHER JUNIOR FORMS/INFORMATION
MAP to Gates 9 and 5
Junior Rules and Regulations (ALL JUNIOR EXHIBITORS MUST READ)
Lower Dairy Stall Dimensions and Lower Dairy Aisle Dimensions
Upper Barns Stall Dimensions, Upper Barns Aisle Dimensions and Upper Barns End Aisle Dimensions
2019 Junior Judges (Available July 3)
Pre-Fair Feed and Bedding Order Form (Available in July)
Non-State Fair Animal Show Waiver
Fitting Rule Waiver Form
Youth Center Menu (Subject to Change)
Judge Nomination Form
What’s New in the Junior Shows 2019
Youth Organization Membership: Wisconsin Youth Organizations interested in offering members an opportunity to participate in the 2019 Wisconsin State Fair Junior livestock shows must submit an application to Wisconsin State Fair for approval by January 15, 2019.