Final judging and presentation of the 2018 Golden Spork Awards took place during the Fair on Wednesday, Aug 8 at the Associated Bank Amphitheater at 11 am. The Sporkies Finals were hosted by Emmy-winning “Wisconsin Foodie” host Kyle Cherek, and were judged by the following local celebrities:
- Nancy Stohs – Nancy Stohs is the Journal Sentinel’s award-winning food, home and gardening editor.
- LeRoy Butler – LeRoy Butler is the self-proclaimed best mac n’ cheese maker alive, former Green Bay Packer and inventor of the Lambeau Leap. Some say he is a better chef than football player.
- John McGivern – John McGivern is the host of the very popular Milwaukee PBS Series AROUND THE CORNER with John McGivern and is thrilled that he’s been asked to participate in a State Fair activity he feels he’s an expert in: eating.
- Steve Palec – Steve Palec has been the host of Rock & Roll Roots on WKLH, one of the top rated and longest running shows on Milwaukee Radio, for over 30 years.
- First Place: Spaghetti and Meatballs Mozzarella Sticks – Albanese’s Roadhouse
- Second Place: Chocomela Nachos – La Coppa Artisan Gelato
- Third Place: Budweiser Pavilion Triple Threat – Budweiser Pavilion
- #FairgoersFave Winner: Monkey Business – Saz’s BBQ
- First Place: Root Beer Float Cake – Sprecher Landing & Sprecher Root Beer Everything
- Second Place: Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages Corn Dog – Saz’s Bavarian Haus
- Third Place: Deep Fried Ol’ Fashioned – Water Street Brewery
- #FairgoersFave Winner: Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages Corn Dog – Saz’s Bavarian Haus
- Best Tasting – Dolce Panino from La Coppa Gelato
- Most Creative – Dolca Panino from La Coppa Gelato
- Grand Champion – Dolce Panino from La Coppa Gelato
- #FairgoersFave Winner – Bacon Wrapped Cherrywood Smoked Pork Belly On-A-Stick
- Best Tasting – Island Slaw from Island Noodles
- Most Creative – Mela Fritta Gelato On-A-Stick from La Coppa Gelato
- Grand Champion – Mela Fritta Gelato On-A-Stick from La Coppa Gelato