The Wisconsin State Fair Park (WSFP) is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and dedicated candidate to work as a Customer Service Associate at our RV Park. This person is responsible for the overall guest experience at the RV Park by meeting and greeting guests, processing RV reservations and assisting guests both over the phone and in person, and performing necessary office and clerical duties. The primary responsibilities of this role are to provide excellent customer service, pursue reservation bookings, and fill propane tanks.
Limited Term Employment Position working roughly 5-10 hours per week during the winter months, roughly 20-30 hours per week during the spring/early summer months, and roughly 40-60 hours per week during the 2017 Wisconsin State Fair.
The hourly wage for this role is $9.00 per hour.
WHO CAN APPLY
This position is open to all qualified candidates who meet the outlined criteria.
- Take reservations over the phone and in person, explaining all options available for rental and ensuring guest needs are met
- Greet guests upon arrival
- Effectively assist guests through the check-in and check-out processes
- Check RV Park grounds daily
- Fill propane tanks according to Federal and State guidelines
- Post charges for sites, amenities, etc. to accounts and receive payment via charge or cash, dispensing accurate change as necessary
- Balance daily sales (charge slips and cash register) accurately against daily report
- Maintain customer database, ensuring it is up to date
- Maintain RV Park grounds by picking up and disposing of trash and debris as necessary
- Maintain cleanliness of RV Park office by sweeping and cleaning the office area as well as cleaning and stocking restrooms as necessary
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with guests and staff
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective planning and organization skills with ability to prioritize while remaining flexible to changes
- Considerable knowledge of mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Cash handling skills and ability to balance daily reports against receipts
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in using computers and Microsoft software such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer and ability to adapt to changes in said technology
- Must be at least 18 years of age and can perform all duties accurately in a fast-paced environment
Candidate must be able to work all 11 days of the annual Wisconsin State Fair; for 2017 these dates are August 3 – 13, 2017. Prior to appointment to this position, the candidate will be subject to a comprehensive criminal background check.
Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to Andrew Rundell, RV Park Manager, Wisconsin State Fair Park, 601 S 76th St, West Allis, WI 53214 or via email to Andrew.Rundell@wistatefair.com with the subject line “Customer Service Associate”. Applications must be received by 5pm on Friday, June 9th at 5pm. The most qualified applicants will be invited to interview.
Wisconsin State Fair Park is a year-round entertainment venue hosting activities, events, meetings and more throughout the four seasons. Home to the Exposition Center, Tommy G. Thompson Youth Center, the Milwaukee Mile Speedway, Products Pavilion and many other facilities, hundreds of events are held at the Fair Park each year. Perhaps the most notable and certainly the signature event, the Wisconsin State Fair, welcomes more than one million Fairgoers over 11 summer days. Visit www.wistatefair.com for more information.
Wisconsin State Fair Park’s central location within the largest metro area in Wisconsin makes it a desirable place to work, live and play. As a world-class city, Milwaukee and the Greater Milwaukee Area are full of opportunities galore for living, working and playing. Visit www.discovermilwaukee.com for more information.
Wisconsin State Fair Park is an equal opportunity employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce. While performing the duties of this specific job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; climb; use ladders; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All Limited Term and Seasonal Employment Positions, including those for the annual Wisconsin State Fair, require Wisconsin Residency, as defined in § 6.10(1), at the time of application and throughout employment with Wisconsin State Fair Park.