The Wisconsin State Fair Park (WSFP) is seeking experienced and qualified individuals to serve and protect the WSFP, its employees and patrons as Police Officers within the Police & Public Safety Department of WSFP.
The Wisconsin State Fair Park Police Department provides uniformed patrol of the Fair Park 365 days a year. Our authorized staff consists of 115 sworn officers and also has a number of specialized units that include; Mounted, Bicycle, Motorcycle, Dignitary Protection and Major Incident Response Team (MIRT). These specialized units enhance and support our Uniform Patrol Division during the Wisconsin State Fair and other year-round events.
Limited Term Employment working part-time as needed and scheduled, including work on weekends and evenings. Employee must able to work all 11 days of the annual Wisconsin State Fair.
$17.50 per hour.
WHO CAN APPLY
This position is open to all qualified candidates who meet the outlined criteria.
- Knowledge of department operations, rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they are associated with this position
- Knowledge of provisions, procedures, sources and elements of WSFP Administrative Code and State and Federal law related to duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge of concepts, procedures and techniques related to interviewing, interrogations, investigations, confessions, evidence preservation, search and seizure, defense and arrest tactics and use of force
- Ability to protect oneself and others by having a full range of movement, physical strength, endurance and fitness to apprehend and control a subject
- Ability and skill to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, in a clear manner using appropriate grammar and spelling
- Ability to run, climb, grab, pull, lift, bend and exert oneself in a spontaneous or normal situation and function for extended periods of time without breaks or requiring special needs
- Ability and skill to operate a motor vehicle under normal and adverse conditions while maintaining the ability to communicate and activate the equipment in the vehicle
- Ability to make quick decisions, accurate observations, use sound judgment, and maintain a professional demeanor under ordinary (normal) and stressful situations
- Ability to recall details, copy written and oral information and apply instructions with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and non-legal material written in English
- Ability to maintain a proficient level of competency with the officer’s hand gun
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America
- Must be a resident of the State of Wisconsin as defined in § 6.10(1) at the time of application and throughout employment with WSFP
- Educational Requirements require that at the time appointment to the position, the applicant must have completed a minimum of 60 college credits from a university, college or technical college and meet one of the following requirements: a) current certification as a police officer by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board; b) eligible for certification in Wisconsin; or c) current certification as a police officer out-of-state and eligible for certification in Wisconsin
- No felony or domestic violence convictions at the time of application
- Vision 20/40 corrected
- Physical fitness to be able to perform job successfully
- Possession of a valid driver’s license at time of appointment
- Must serve a probationary period of one year
Candidate must be able to work all 11 days of the annual Wisconsin State Fair; for 2017 these dates are August 3 – 13, 2017. Prior to appointment to this position, the candidate will be subject to a comprehensive criminal background check.
We are accepting applications online. You will be required to upload the following documents to be considered for the role:
Police Officer Application (click link to download and fill out to attach when applying)
Police Officer Application Supplement (click link to download and fill out to attach when applying)
Application materials must be received by 4:30 pm on Friday, April 28, 2017 to the address if not attached with your web application:
Wisconsin State Fair Park Police Department
Attn: Deputy Chief Keith Balash
640 S 84th St
West Allis, WI 53214
If you have problems with the forms or application website please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.