The Wisconsin State Fair certainly has a reputation for unique and unusual foods, which is why we created our Annual Food Competition, The Sporkies. Each year eight finalists are selected from several dozen entries, and a panel of celebrity judges choose the recipients of three Golden Spork Awards.
Congratulations to the Fifth Annual Sporkies winners!
Final judging and presentation of the 2017 Golden Spork Awards took place during the Fair on Wednesday, Aug 9 at the Bank Mutual Amphitheater at 11 am.
Kyle Cherek again served as emcee directing our celebrity judges:
Congratulations to our past winners!
- First Place: Root Beer Float Cake – Sprecher Landing & Sprecher Root Beer Everything
- Second Place: Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages Corn Dog – Saz’s Bavarian Haus
- Third Place: Deep Fried Ol’ Fashioned – Water Street Brewery
- #FairgoersFave Winner: Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages Corn Dog – Saz’s Bavarian Haus
- First Place: Wis-Cone-Sin – Water Street Brewery
- Second Place: Bacon Bottom Porker Pizza – Brew City
- Third Place: Cheesy Smoked Gouda Sidewinder Fries – Tropics at the Fair
- #FairgoersFave Winner: Deep Fried Pretzel Crusted Brownies On-a-Stick – Saz’s Ribs
- Best Tasting – Dolce Panino from La Coppa Gelato
- Most Creative – Dolca Panino from La Coppa Gelato
- Grand Champion – Dolce Panino from La Coppa Gelato
- #FairgoersFave Winner – Bacon Wrapped Cherrywood Smoked Pork Belly On-A-Stick
- Best Tasting – Island Slaw from Island Noodles
- Most Creative – Mela Fritta Gelato On-A-Stick from La Coppa Gelato
- Grand Champion – Mela Fritta Gelato On-A-Stick from La Coppa Gelato