Complimentary admission tickets and parking passes are available to WORKING MEDIA PERSONNEL COVERING THE FAIR. Please read the following guidelines regarding media ticket requests for the 2018 Wisconsin State Fair. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to working with you and seeing you at the 2018 Wisconsin State Fair!
INTERVIEWS / PHOTOGRAPHY
- If you have any interview or photography requests you would like us to coordinate in advance of your visit, please plan accordingly and call or email ahead of time.
- Employees of the fair may not talk to media unless approved by the Communications Department beforehand. Please contact the Communications Department to coordinate an interview. The media may interview fairgoers.
- You may film or photograph fair events and activities, with the exception of the Main Stage presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino and Bank Mutual Amphitheater headliners. Media clearance for these artists is required in advance of the fair, so if you are interested in photographing these artists, you must let us know ahead of time.
- For television stations that wish to send a live truck to the Fair Park and have a specific location request, please contact the Communications Department prior to your arrival. We will then do our best to reserve your location, advise you of which gate to enter and coordinate a required escort.
- Daily Admission Tickets – Valid for one individual admission to the fair for one day.
- Single Parking Tickets – We have a limited quantity of these, and they are not valid for admission to the fair. Each parking ticket is only valid for one entry to the Fair Park parking lots. No re-entry is allowed.
- Main Stage presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino – PAID reserved concert tickets for members of the media wishing to review performances are available upon ADVANCE request. Any complimentary review tickets must be secured through the artist. Interviews/photography/broadcast coverage must be arranged in advance by contacting the artist’s publicist or management firm and/or Communications Department.
ENTRANCE AND TICKET PICK UP INSTRUCTIONS
- There will be no formal Media Center for check-in during the 2018 State Fair. Your tickets will be mailed to you.
- If you have your ticket upon arrival, you may enter the Fair Park via any admission entrance. There is limited designated media parking in the Milwaukee Mile infield, but if you would prefer to park in the north parking lot please do so.
- Late or last-minute media ticket requests may be honored based on date of submission. If last-minute requests are fulfilled, you will need to pick up your tickets prior to entry, but please be advised that the State Fair Ticket Office staff is extremely busy prior to and during the fair, so you will be assisted as quickly as possible on a first-come, first-served basis. Media ticket pick-up is located in the State Fair Ticket Office at 7722 W. Greenfield Avenue. The State Fair Ticket Office opens at 8 a.m. and there is temporary parking, but this lot is NOT for extended parking.
- If you need assistance with interviews or special access, please call before you arrive so the Communications Department can direct you to the correct area and prepare for your arrival. Live trucks are asked to enter through Gate 5, off S. 84th Street unless otherwise arranged in advance. Remember, there are no left-hand turns into the Fair Park, so you will want to utilize W. Greenfield Avenue to get to 84th Street and head north. Trucks may enter at other gates; however, an escort will be required, and advance notification is mandatory. Please add extra travel time as necessary.
Contact info is as follows for interviews or Main Stage ticket/photography requests: Ellie O’Neil, Communications Coordinator, email@example.com or 414.793.5720.
Media ticket requests for the 2018 Wisconsin State Fair will be available soon.